Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP)

Helping parents and providers be successful through federally-funded child care financial assistance - because all children deserve quality care, regardless of their family's income bracket.

What is CCCAP?

A logo for the Weld County Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP). The federally-funded Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) provides financial assistance to eligible families who are working, searching for employment, in training or in an educational activity and need child care services to support their efforts to achieve and/or maintain self-sufficiency. CCCAP is administered in Weld County through the Department of Human Services (DHS).

Currently, Weld County's eligibility level is at 185% of the Federal Poverty Level. Families whose gross income does not exceed 185% of the Federal Poverty Level may be eligible for CCCAP. To apply for CCCAP, parents must complete an application and provide information about their income and work or training program.

Income Eligibility Guidelines(PDF, 173KB)

To apply for CCCAP, parents must complete an application and provide information about their income and work or training program. Applications and redetermination forms can be can be found on the Colorado Department of Early Childhood website.

Families enrolled in CCCAP are required to pay a portion of their child care costs, called the parental fee. The amount they pay is based on their gross income and the number of people in their household.

Why should I accept CCCAP?

A young black child smiling with both arms extended forward with each hand giving a By choosing to provide care for children of parents receiving CCCAP financial support, you're helping more children have access to quality child care - something they might not receive otherwise. Too often, people have misconceptions about government assistance and will stigmatize those who need it. People receiving assistance are just regular folks who need temporary help, and they deserve the same quality child care as those who are able to afford to pay out-of-pocket. 

Parents need stable, reliable and affordable child care to achieve self-sufficiency, and you can help them achieve this. When children are well cared-for and their parents can pursue work or school, families thrive and communities prosper. Brighter future begin with partnerships between caregivers and families, enabling both to achieve success.


How do I accept CCCAP?

In order for a child care provider to accept and receive CCCAP payments, they must be contracted with DHS. To become contracted with DHS, the family receiving CCCAP must request an enrollment packet from their case manager. The family and child care provider complete the packet together and submit the completed packet back to the case manager.

Call (970) 400-6017 or email for more information.