Finding child care

Person holding a baby

Finding the perfect child care provider is no easy task. Luckily, options exist to help you in your search.

For licensed child care:

Search for a program online through the Colorado Shines website or call the Colorado Shines Child Care Referral Line at 1-877-338-2273 for more information. The Referral Line connects you with a Mile High United Way Child Care Navigator and is available Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. They can provide a list of referrals to licensed child care providers using their state-wide database in the area of the family's request.

For other types of child care:

Call the Weld County REACH office at (970) 400-6594 or email


Parents are strongly encouraged to visit each provider under consideration, request references from other parents and carefully review the provider credentials before making a selection.